Tuesday, May 25, 2010

NZ & Update

I hate that, I had written a whole post and lost it :( It was a really long and good one too.  Here is what I can remember;

NZ - We had a good time, New Zealand is beautiful this time of year with all the autumn colours out in full force, a gorgeous blend of reds, browns, yellows and green. The rolling hills remind me of parts of the UK, minus the bone chill factor. Travelling with twin toddlers really does change how you travel though and thank god it wasnt a long flight, 3hrs was long enough. Here are some pics : - http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=djsymons1975&target=ALBUM&id=5475029901777253121&authkey=Gv1sRgCNipv9abgJ26iAE&feat=email


Update - Sorry I havent been as frequent with my posts as I really should be, having no internet access whilst away didnt help, but even before that I have let my focus slip.

The day that we went away (Sunday 16.05) I weighed myself at 128.4 (Yippee) and then again this morning and was 128.6. So in 9 days I have put on 200gms. This can be seen as ok as I was away on holidays and this really isnt much, which is true for me as I tend to stack some on while away. However I am not going to take that 'out' anymore. Food wise I made good choices up until the last few days which is where I came undone. I tend to really make some shocking choices around the time of my period. It was such a shame.

I am at the point in my usual weight loss cycle where the start of the end begins. Its now that the self sabotage begins and I can see when I begin to give up. Historically I get on the mini roller coaster ride of small increases and decreases in weight rather than the steady decline that I need to maintain, and as you can see I am back there AGAIN!!!! So this is it, the point of the cycle that I need to break and get back on track... and stay there!!! So we are back sooner that I hoped. Mentally I am telling myself its time to roll up my sleeves and get on with the hard work that this journey requires to succeed. I am a bit scared though, I really feel mentally and emotionally weak at the moment. This cant be an excuse for me, which I know that I am tempted to use and any other that I can think of. To be honest I am fighting the demons constantly at the moment. Exercise wise I have am full of excuses - Its too hot/cold/rainy, I am too tired, I cant fit it into my day etc. Stupidly once I do get through that and crack on and do the exercise I feel energised, great and proud of my achievements.

So one step at a time - FOCUS Peta FOCUS!!!

Focus this week on the things that I can do - I can track my food, I can have 1 more glass of water tomorrow than I did today, and I can find half an hour or more to work out/walk/or Wii Fit.

I am worth the work. I AM worth the work. I am WORTH the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment