Sunday, April 11, 2010

Blow out

Today was a testing day food wise for me. I struggle when I go out to visit people and it involves a meal outside of my own environment and control.  We had a lunch with my husbands family and while I can celebrate choices I made, such as having a quick bowl of vegetable soup before I left so that I wouldnt be hungry, and only having one slice of brie, I also hate the robotic arm I tend to have that mindlessly reaches out for snacks (I pointed the arm to the stawberries and grapes as much as I could). One of the best decisions I made today was to track everything honestly. So ok, I blew my WW points by 5, I have saved lots of points this week so it evens out.... it just feels like I need to be controling things even more for myself at the moment. But being honest with my food tracking can be a struggle, in the past I have outright lied to myself, then pretended that I didnt really scarf the chocolate or bikkies, then feel guilty, then eat more... the cycle starts.

Todays lesson has been to just be honest with my food tracking and I can deal with the reality if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment