Thursday, April 8, 2010

Missing runners

I had a better food day yesterday and planned risotto for dinner (changed the ingredients to make it WW friendly), an oven baked one rather then the usual labour intensive usual version that I do. The plan was simple, prepare it and pop it in the oven when my husband got home, then take the dog for a walk around the block.
It then became evident that maybe, just maybe I haven’t set my life up for weight loss. All was great until I went to get my runners.... and as I searched the house, I realised I couldn’t remember the last time that I saw them. Oops. I was determined to go for that walk though, regardless. I grabbed another pair of shoes to make do, and off we went. Actually I surprised myself, initially I was planning on just a short version of the block, and then it turned into me tackling a big hill that I have avoided for the last 5 years of living here. And it was a good look for sure, I was in mismatched clothes with remnants of thrown food on them from the kids, red in the face and was a sweaty betty… but I didn’t really care (too much anyway).
My mindset changed while I was walking from... 'my back hurts I'll make this quick and get it out the way' to 'surely the hill wont kill me, I will be proud of myself at the end'. And I am. A friend once said 'Its not going to kill me' when challenging himself to something and it has stuck in my head.... ok so he was talking about going up to the hard level of guitar on Band Hero... but hey, its adaptable right?
So the hunt will continue today for those runners or I will go and buy some more today. The mind is a great thing when you do challenge what is being said in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment