Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A loss!

1.1kg gone :) ... its a good start, 2kg would have been better but I am happy it was at the very least 1kg which is a safe pace.

Emotionally I have definitely been on a rollercoaster in the last few days. Yesterday I was very low, and when I stopped myself to explore what was behind it, I believe that it was the impending weigh in this morning. It appears that I have been telling myself quite a lot of negative things, mostly based on self doubt that I can do it and that I deserve the happiness at the end of it at all. I spent some time yesterday having an internal conversation with that negative voice and challenging what was being said. I really need to surround my self both internally and externally with positivity, and thankfully I have a great support network around me.

Things I did well this week: I made good food choices, avoided temptations, challenged negative thoughts, exercised and planned for success; filled up on vege soup before going out so I wasnt starving.

Things I need to improve over the next week are: Drinking more water, doing more exercise and taking my metformin everyday.

What I need to do today is: Celebrate my weight loss with a new pair of runners.... mine are definitely lost!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl.... you should be so proud of yourself. Be safe in the knowledge that the 'no thanks' to the choc, cakes etc WILL come so easy, and sooner than you may think. You and I have both been 'there' before and know this to be true. Remember, 1 week down.... just a few more to go before your body recognises what is going on and stops the cravings etc...... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete