Saturday, April 10, 2010

Temptation

My mother used to say that there was an angel sitting on one shoulder and the devil on the other whispering in our ears, it was up to us to make sure we listened to the angel. Temptation is one of my devils methods of torture; the little bugger has been jumping up and down shouting. My resolve is at an all time high at the moment though, for which I am grateful. I have been calculating Weight Watchers points in my head madly acknowledging the fact the chocolates, ice creams, cakes etc are not worth it for me. They are empty foods that would clearly taste amazing, but would leave me hungry with no points to spend on real filling food.

Temptation is a part of everyday life though so I need to create strategies for how I can over come them with positive results and then make it not such a big focus. I would love to be able to just say 'No thanks' and not have my angel and devil fighting madly for the next few minutes. How great would it be if the focus wasn’t always on food, if I should or shouldn’t eat it, what it would mean if I did, the sadness that I don’t have the fantastic metabolism that some have, the guilt associated with wanting the food in the first place, the guilt that I feel for feeling guilty... that’s the best one.. what a cracker. One day it will be easier I am sure, till then I am preparing for the battle that has already commenced. Bring it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment